To minimize the chances of a fire occurring, please follow these rules:
- Observe the no smoking policy in the building.
- Protect electrical wires from abuse and report damage at once.
- Do not use water-heating immersion units or space heaters.
- If an electrical device emits smoke, unplug it and call 911 and then notify the Security Office (801) 932-6111.
- Report any potential fire hazard to the Security Office at (801) 932-6111.
Fire Safety Devices
Fire alarm pull stations and fire extinguishers are located at emergency exit stairwells on each floor. Pull stations are also located at building lobby exits.
Suite Evacuation Officer
For employee safety and to assist the Management Office during actual fires and fire drills, each tenant should appoint employees as Suite Evacuation Officers. Larger tenants should appoint more than one Evacuation Officer for each floor, who will do the following:
- Direct a quick, orderly and complete evacuation of the building and report its completion to the Management Office at (801) 932-6120.
- Check all areas (including restroom, storage area, etc.) to make sure no one has remained behind. In the event someone remains, report the location to the Management Office and the Fire Department.
- Maintain an up-to-date list of handicapped employees (with description of special requirements) and provide a copy to the Management Office. Assign two (2) persons to assist each handicapped individual during an evacuation. In case of difficulty exiting, one should stay with the handicapped person at the emergency exit stairwell door while the other reports the location to security personnel in the lobby. A handicapped person should not enter the stairwell during the evacuation, unless assisted by the fire department or Canopy management personnel.