When a bomb threat is made over the telephone, obtain the following information from the caller:
- Exact location of the device
- Time set for explosion
- Description of the device
- Reason the caller has placed the bomb
- Exact words used by the caller
- Keep this information as confidential as possible
- Notify the Police Department by calling 911
- Notify the Security Office at (801) 932-6111
Once the Management Office has been notified of a bomb threat, it is our policy to advise your company’s management. It is up to the manager or officer to decide whether it is appropriate to evacuate the office.
In the event that you are asked to evacuate the building, move away from the building to allow for the clear passage of emergency personnel. Do not re-enter the building until the Management Office or the Police or Fire Department has given clearance.